back

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Things I Remember

Recently I was reminded that I have forgotten a few things.
I suppose mothers block out certain stages of the notsofun parts of mothering.

So it's time to blog what I do remember...in no particular order:)

*changing lots of diapers, including cloth ones for a period of time
*going to the store for just diapers, wipes and milk
*making baby food
*never liked doing the baby cereal...took so long!!
*nursing on a schedule for the most part.  timing, writing down, making sure.
*listening to a bit of crying here and there for sleep training
*upon the delivery of each child, wondering if I could do one more
*overwhelmed at the motherhood role
*teaching them about Christ and what He has for us
*nervous once bc I was dizzy and none of the kids were old enough to be of any help
*wondering if I would have all girls
*wiping faces, hands, and bottoms
*packing the diaper bag, again.
*meeting the neatest gals in the nursing room at church
*falling asleep while nursing
*wondering if any of my children would ever go to school
*needing time alone
*wanting to get away
*going to Target to get away...that hasn't changed:)
*missing Kevin
*happy faces
*fabulous giggles, tickles, fun
*forever bathtimes
*holding them after baths....my favorite.
*not being able to get much done due to busy hands
*talking about character issues early on...self control for sure:)
*teaching the boys to do laundry, trash, respect
*putting down a nursing baby to spank an older child making trouble
*Kevin sleeping through alot of the baby nights.  I woke him a few times.
*Wishing I could go to work.
*Finding the best friends of my life.
*Watching kids grow and learn and make good choices.
*Going to Target with a baby and hoping no one woke them.
*Being pregnant and not wanting anyone to touch my belly.
*Not sleeping due to prego belly.
*Contractions that seemed like the real deal, for 2-3 hours, then gone.  
I cried once after an episode of that.
*Thankful for really great babysitters.
*Loving craft time with kids.
*Long summer nights on the trampoline.
*Watching them crawl, walk, talk, laugh, all of it for the first time.
*Buckling them in their seats, again.
*Praying for strength, wisdom, kindness, grace to my kids
*SO thankful Kevin came home.
*hard watching them get hurt

I'm sure I'll think of more, plenty more...but that's a start.

No comments: