back

Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's Right Here

Recently I've been wondering what my niche is here.
Where should I be serving, leading, learning?
And I came to a dramatic conclusion.

For now?  Nowhere.
It's gonna be here....easy as pie.
Or maybe not.

Because serving somewhere else is a bit easier and has more visible rewards.
Someone usually sees you.  Someone sometimes says thanks.
And it makes me feel more valuable.

The day to day grind can wear out the most ambitious mama.
Casual backtalk, sharp words, ungrateful, unkindness from the kids hurts.
To be firm, unwavering, encouraging...that is my goal:)

So here.  My hubby.  Our family.
That is my love, my calling, my life.
And in that realization everything has shifted.

I know I am praying more for my kids and Kevin and reading the Word more.
I trust that He is using me to be a good mom and that makes all the difference.
He uses me to teach my kids life skills, coping, discipline, self-control....how to love well.

So for years and even most recently, loudly to myself...what does He care about most?
The answer is people.  Over and over again, it's people.
So for me, my focus will stay right here at home.

And that my friends is the challenge laid ahead of me.
There is great beauty in just simplifying.
In resting in What He has for me.

So I am putting on my game face every morning and laughing, giggling, 
tickling, wrestling, jumping, tackling, asking, crafting,
learning, talking, cleaning, reminding,
....all the while, knowing that He is here and He loves me right here.

Ephesians 3:16-21
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations.
 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


No comments: