So, I've been thinking on how super important friends are. How I would spend my entire day investing, learning, laughing and just doing life with friends if I could....no kidding. However, real life enters and my husband needs a convo (well, who are we kidding? he doesn't hardly ever need to talk, I just tell myself that:) and the kids, well, they need everything:)
I'm always trying to find balance in the giving of time and energy to others. My heart is to love on people. Yes, the lady holding up the line at wherever is sometimes me. Or striking up a convo at the gas pump...i mean, really, when else are you just standing there for 10 min by someone. It should be mandatory to start a convo....who knows what you could learn?! And yet, there are days like today when I'm just chill. I like those days too.
God has a sweet way of reminding me that He loves me so much....it pretty coolio. He does it in the smallest ways usually...someone remembering me, a lil txt of care, a great sunset or just His Word....Today is was in a phone call from a gal who i think is COOL. She is growing, changing her life and just chasing with all she has after Christ. For that, she gets a huge high five in my book. I had txted her about something and I guess it was a reminder that God loves her....amazing. It made my day that she made the effort to call.
So, all this rambling just to say that I love having good girlfriends...they 'get me' and put up with me. I am thankful. I want to honor them well. I want to show up for them. I want to point them to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment